Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Time is a funny word.....

Time is a funny word. And something that I wish I had more of in a day. I know I am not alone here with this. We seem to want to do more, and have more time to enjoy it! But how can we do it all?

My kids last night said something that made me laugh and get mad at the same time. Now mind you my daughter who is 16 and just started working. Her first day of work was last night. My son who is 19 and is still living at home, while he works and goes to college.

We were having a discussion about things that needed to be done around the house, and my son was giving his sister a hard time.

"You never do anything around here" Matt said to her.

"But I worked today, and then went straight to dance" she said back.

"Oh you poor thing, what you started work at lunch time, big deal!" Matt replied back.

And I said. "Matt give her a break, working is new to her, and to her defense she did dance from 4:00 to 10:00pm she is tired." "And besides what did you do today?" Knowing that he has been working almost 40 hours for the last few weeks since school got out and this was his only day off this week.

"Oh this is my day off, except for going to school tonight." Was his reply. His summer classes started this week, so now he has to keep up the work schedule and school again.

My replied was "oh poor baby, you work all day and have to go to school all night, why don't you try my schedule for awhile!"

This is the part that was funny and made me angry at the same time. They both said at the same time. "Mom you have a day off everyday, you don't work!" "So what are you talking about?"

"Are you kidding me?" "A day off everyday?" It's true I don't have to leave the house to drive to another building to punch a time card, but I work everyday with more job titles then I can list. But don't get me started I said.

I know if you are a stay at home mom, you can relate to that statement. In addition to all the hats we wear for our mom/wife jobs, many of you are running business from home too. I am one of those who has been working to get my internet business going for the past year now while still keeping up with the mom/wife tasks.

So trying to manage all the tasks we need to keep a household running, keep our businesses going and still find time for ourselves.........that is the real challenge. Time is a funny thing it keeps going and so do we.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software