Thursday, June 25, 2009

Curved piecing

Curved piecing can scare most of us away. I know it scares me! But this video from Penny will have you wanting to try this technique and maybe even enjoy doing curved piecing.

The one tip I have for you is regarding the sewing over the pins. I know that some of you do this and Penny even tells you in the video that she does, I would strongly advise against this. Sewing over pins can break needles that we all know, but it can also throw off the timing in your sewing machine which can lead to expensive repair bills!

So do what you will with her advice, me personally I like the way she pins this block, but once under the presser foot I would remove pins as I go along.

Curved piecing shouldn't scare you anymore after you learn the secrets to pinning!

No comments:

Search This Blog

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software