Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Go Green with "Selvage Quilts"

All right all you environmentalists out there I have the perfect solution to the age old problem of filling landfills with fabric waste. My "Go Green with Selvage Quilts" is the perfect solution.

Now if you quilt, there is no doubt in my mind that you have at some point made a scrap quilt. Making scrap quilts is a great way to use up scraps. Scraps are the little bits of fabric you have leftover from you quilt projects, right? Well selvage quilts takes this a step further by using the selvage edges of your fabric too. I know you have always been told cut that off and throw it away That was until now! Keep them and watch for more information on my New Go Green with Selvage Quilts workshops Which I will be releasing on my website Quilting Weekly in the next few weeks. I and another teacher are working on an entire series of quilt projects using the selvage edges. So start collecting yours today so you won't miss out on the fun.

Now I can't take all the credit for this idea. In fact Karen Griska is the genius behind this idea. Her website Selvage Quilts will give you a better picture of what I am talking about, and for more inspirational ideas you need to take a look at her Selvage Quilts Blog too.

If you are the least bit curious about my Go Green with Selvage Quilts workshops and want to know when they will be released you have two choices: Subscribe to my blog or join my mailing list for Quilting Weekly Members only. Want to know more about how to do that? Just leave me a comment here, by simply filling in the form. It's just that easy! (Oh by the way the subscribe button is located on the upper right side of the screen)

3 comments:

Selvage Quilter said...

You are in for such a good time when you start selvage quilting. It is curiously addictive! Have a blast.

Idaho Quilter said...

I enjoy your blog so much I wrote about today and added a link.

Anonymous said...

Chris,
Am I on your mailing list? If not, can you add me, please. You have my email!

Thanks,
Michele

Search This Blog

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software