Here are just 20 ideas to get you started. Oh and if you need more ideas, or some help with patterns. Check out The UFO-Orphanage Quilters gift page.
- Pot holders – Made in holiday fabrics, or just use up your old orphan blocks
- Table runners
- Place mats
- Aprons – Use up novelty prints, or holiday fabrics
- Tote bags – There are many free patterns on the web for simple patterns. Just does a search “free tote bag patterns”
- Grocery Bags – Similar to the tote bags, but may be similar to make as they don’t need pockets
- Insulated lunch bags
- Oven mitts
- Napkins – In novelty prints or holiday prints. If you have a Serger it is even easier!
- Pillow toppers – These are similar to a table runner but are meant to dress up the bed and fit over your pillows only.
- Towels – If you have an embroidery machine, these are fun and simple. For those without embroidery you can do simple appliqué designs by fussy cutting designs from fabric and attach using your favorite appliqué method. Or simply buy decorative ribbons and attach them.
- Basket liners
- Casserole covers
- Cell phone holders
- Glass cases
- Sewing kits
- Thread catchers
- Pin cushions
- Pillows – Try out some photo transfer /printing techniques
- Wine bottle holders - You know the ones that gift wrap a bottle of wine to take to a party.
If you need more help with patterns that were not found on the UFO-Orphanage Quilters gift page, just do a search for "free ____ patterns" (fill in the blank line with the pattern you're looking for) Example: "free pin cushion patterns" If you use the quotes around your search it will narrow your search and get more specific. Without the quotes, you will get searches for free, pin, cushion, & patterns. Does that make sense?
Oh by the way this was a tip I sent to my mailing list this week, if you want to get in on all my great tips don't forget to sign up for my mailing list at the top of this page.